BMW R80 /7 “The most classic Café Racer
With a sheet of paper he was standing at our front door. Our next client. A guy, in his late forties and looks like he knows what the wants. Soon, it was clear, that he attaches value to absolute perfection. We proofed this later when we had chance so see his classic car collection. Average is definitly wrong around. Hey, you have come to the right place.
Quite good exectations and vision he already had, that was clear to us. Now it is our turn to add the missing details, to season the menu to taste. We’re going to built a real classic Café Racer. Something like a bavarian Englishman.
After all the Scramblers with Boxerengines a more than lovely change, but very difficult task at the same time. Difficult in that way, cause latest after a visit on Glemseck 101 it is clear, that it is going to be the 10000 and first R-Serie Café Racer. And we did not want to show any weakness.
A base beemer with spoke wheels was found pretty quick, low mileage was a topic for instance. Engine and Gearbox have been services anyway, all parts have been polished with matte shine, same to the wheelrings and hubs, what caused us a lot of pain. Mounted with stainless steel spokes und Continental Conto Go! Reifen, maybe one of the nicests wheelsets we have used so far.
The subframe was cut in records time, shortened and lifted, our pal Wolfgang Kuzma from I-flow the glassfibre construction on the tail as well as the timeconsuming paintjob and pinstripe work. No more room for improvements.
A very nice result at the end we think.
Motorbike: BMW R80 /7
Horsepower: approx. 60 HP
Cubic capacity: 797 ccm
– Motoscope Classic Speedo gauge
– British Style 200mm headlamp with yellow bulb
– Continental Conti Go! tires
– matte polished engine block and polished rims
– Rizoma Superbikehandlebar with internal cablerouting
– minimal elektrics with m-unit and m-button
– M-switch Microbuttons
– M-disc handlebar signals
– Brembo Performance brake pump
– brown Bi-color Paint with Goldappliques
– Rizoma Club S rear lights 3 – 1
– Genuine Leatherseat with special stiching
– sports exhaust
– One-of-a-kind License plate holder with adjustable turnsignal brackets